Thursday, August 14, 2008

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

I have discovered that Europe is inefficient. Normally I would feel bad about making such a blanket statement but I am feeling particularly unforgiving considering the hell that Aalborg University has been putting me through.

After a few months of not hearing from the university I e-mailed them to figure out what was wrong. Eventually they got back to me. It turns out the online application I filled out was not actually meant to be submitted online, it needs to be mail and faxed to Denmark. So I fill it out again and mail and fax it. Still no word from Aalborg. Apparently a page in the middle was never printed. I re-mail and fax the application. Still no information from the university. I e-mail them. My official transcripts aren't detailed enough, they need more information about my class. The information is sent.

Less than two weeks from the time I should be leaving for Denmark I send another e-mail wondering why I still haven't been given any information from Aalborg about housing, classes, arrival dates, visa documentation and so on. It turns out that the transcript information that was sent was what they were looking for it just wasn't sent to the right person. They didn't bother to get it to him or to tell me that it need to be e-mailed to him. And now, 10 days until I should be in Denmark, I do not know where I will be going to school.

2 comments:

Rollins said...

This is all part of what you learn in college! Preparation for real life.

Little Terry said...

Is it just me, or was that a snide comment? But since I'm commenting myself, wth is the current situation?